I finally got the guidelines I would need to follow to reopen the gym, but when I sent out my last email asking for people to respond back if they were interested in attending this summer, I only had 15 people respond back that they were. I would need at least 50 just to break even. For this reason I have decided that I cannot reopen this summer. I am shooting to reopen after Labor Day in September. However, my landlord cannot afford to hold my building that long without rent, so if someone is interested in the space, I will be looking for another building. If none are available, I may not be able to reopen even then.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, but please understand that I didn’t expect any of this and do not know anything better to do about it.
I hope you all have a good, safe summer, and I hope to see you in the fall.